Augmenting or replacing internal security with a
Managed Security Service Provider such as GO InfoTek lets the enterprise focus on its core competencies while improving security.
Most businesses look at security as a cost center. Thus few resources and little attention are devoted to this business critical function. This lack of attention can make you a lightning rod for hacker attacks.
In todayís connected
world, security is no longer a luxury. Like insurance, security is now a business necessity. Some of the factors that help businesses determine a budget for their security needs are:
- Management's perception of the business' value
- Cost of Information loss.
- Cost to firm's reputation.
- Added value for firmís clients.
- Government regulations regarding privacy of data
Some argue it may not be wise to relinquish control
of security to a third party. But this has been done for years in securing the physical sites of businesses. The same principles hold true for information security.
GO InfoTek offers a Managed
Security Solution designed for the small to mid-sized enterprise. By outsourcing your security solution you avoid the typical problems that companies without specific experience in this discipline
encounter. Some of the competencies that GO InfoTek brings to a project are:
- Hardening network devices, operating systems and applications.
- Monitor security device logs
- Look for trends over the course of months
- Respond to incidents.
- Perform basic forensic analysis.
- Monitoring hacker newsgroups
- Follow the advisories issued by CERT (www.cert.org)
- Staying abreast of the latest threats.
- Watching and linking activities throughout our customer base.
Remember, security is never foolproof. The goal is to reach an "acceptable" risk level that meets your company's needs